Ireland is an island in the North Atlantic, located in the north-west of Europe. It is separated from Great Britain to its east by the North Channel, the Irish Sea, and St George’s Channel. Politically, Ireland is divided between the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland, a part of the United Kingdom. Capital of Ireland is Dublin. Cork, Galway & Limerick are some of the popular cities of Ireland. Its capital, Dublin, is the birthplace of writers like Oscar Wilde, and home of Guinness beer. The 9th-century Book of Kells and other illustrated manuscripts are on show in Dublin’s Trinity College Library. Dubbed the “Emerald Isle” for its lush landscape, the country is dotted with castles like medieval Cahir Castle.
Official language of Ireland is Irish and English.
Population of Ireland is approximately 48 Lakhs and the Urban population of Dublin is approximately 12 Lakhs
Why you should look for Studying in Ireland?
- It is a friendly, safe English speaking country.
- Has world class Universities.
- Masters degree of 1 year and you get a post study work visa of 1 year.
- Low cost of tuition fees & accommodation.
- Internationally recognized qualifications & extensive choice of courses.
- European Headquarters for IT & Pharmaceutical companies.
- Approximate 4000 IT job opportunities in companies like Google, Intel, Microsoft, etc. at Ireland.
- Chance to get indefinite right to stay (Permanent Residency).
Education is compulsory for children in Ireland from the ages of six to sixteen or until students have completed three years of second-level.
The Irish education system is made up of:
- Early Childhood
- Post Primary
- Further Education and Training
- Higher Education
- Qualifications Recognition
- Educational provision for students with special educational needs
- Provision for disadvantaged students.
State-funded education is available at all levels, unless you choose to send your child to a private institution.
Two Intakes: January (Only for few a courses) and September.
Students are allowed to work 20 hours per week during studies and 40 hours per week during vacations
All Master’s and Bachelor(Honours) students get one year job search visa and ordinary bachelor’s students get 6 months Job search Visa. If the student gets a job during this duration then he gets additional two years work Visa.
Bachelors: Minimum 70%-80% in class 12th for universities, 60% for Institute of Technologies 50% for Private Institutions with IELTS 6.0 with no band less than 5.5 Bands.
Masters : Minimum 60%-70% in Graduation with IELTS 6.5 with no band less than 6.0 Bands.
Generally, Universities of Ireland do not offer pre-sessional courses. Hence, students not meeting the English language requirements, need to re-take the test and improve their IELTS scores. Dublin Business School and Griffith College are the exceptions as they offer 2 months pre-sessional English Language course depending upon the IELTS score.
Visas can be obtained in two ways.
1)Normal student visa- processing time 4-6 weeks.
2)Through Approval in principle scheme- processing time 5-7 weeks
After scoring admission into the University one must start with the visa formalities.
For information on our Visa service and other services, Contact our helpline for further assistance.